Safety Moment - Renew Your Commitment to Safety
In Scouting, we will not compromise the safety of our youth, volunteers, and employees. Safety is a value that must be taught and reinforced at every opportunity. We are all responsible and must hold each other accountable to provide a safe environment for all participants. We are committed to abuse prevention by utilizing:
- Mandatory youth protection training.
- Criminal background checks.
- Banning one-on-one adult and youth interactions.
- Mandatory reporting of suspected abuse to law enforcement.
- A volunteer screening database.
We are committed to injury and illness prevention by integrating safety measures in our handbooks, literature, and training materials including the Guide to Safe Scouting. We expect leaders to use the four points of SAFE when delivering the program. SAFE Scouting measures include:
- Youth are Supervised by qualified and trustworthy adults who set the example for safety.
- Activities are Assessed for risks.
- Pre-requisite Fitness and Skill levels are confirmed before participation.
- Appropriate Equipment is utilized, and Environmental conditions are monitored.
When incidents do occur, we expect a timely, clear, and complete incident report. We are committed to learning from the data and modifying program guidance for the prevention of future occurrence.
Have a safety related question? – contact [email protected]