JOTA / JOTI at Pacificon 2022 – Saturday, October 15, 2022
Mt. Diablo Amateur Radio Club and Golden Gate Area Council, BSA – International Committee are presenting Jamboree-on-the-Air (JOTA) 2022 and Jamboree-on-the-Internet (JOTI) 2022 at Pacificon 2022
Come any time from 9:00am – 4:00pm on October 15, 2022
JOTA – Jamboree On The Air – is an annual event in which Scouts and Guides all over the world speak to each other by means of amateur radio. Scouting experiences are exchanged and ideas are shared via the radio waves. Each year about half-a-million Scouts and Guides “get together” over the airwaves for the annual JOTA. Jamboree On The Internet – JOTI – is a similar event but uses the Internet.
Date: Saturday, October 15, 2022.
Time: Come anytime from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Typical time onsite is 1-3 hours.
Place: PACIFICON, San Ramon Marriott, 2600 Bishop Drive, San Ramon, CA
Cost: $10 includes JOTA patch and general admission into Pacificon for Cub Scout and Scouts BSA (ONLY for Youth in full uniform or adult leader accompanying Scouts in full uniform). Kit building has additional cost (see below).
Registration required: REGISTER
Note: Lunch will NOT be provided, so bring your own
For Cub Scouts:
Plan to spend about one hour for a docent-led tour of the event, including listening (and possibly talking) to Ham Radio operators around the country and world. We will also have computers for the JOTI online communications. Come any time between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Webelos/AOL scouts will have an opportunity to complete Requirement 10.d. for Building a Better World Adventure.
For Scouts BSA & Venturers:
Plan to spend about 1-2 hours for a docent-led tour of the event, including listening (and possibly talking) to Ham Radio operators around the country and world. We will also have computers for the JOTI online communications. Come any time between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Participate in Jamboree-on-the-Air by talking and listening on Amateur Radio.
- Work on the Radio Merit Badge – limited space first come first serve & only – register at: (see above). (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., please have an early lunch on your own)
- Work on the Electronics Merit Badge – limited space first come first serve & Scouts BSAonly – register at: (see above). (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., please have an early lunch on your own)
- Tentative: One-Day Amateur Radio Technician License Class (8 am to 4 pm.) Registration, Cost & More Information
- Amateur Radio License exams (new, upgrade and retake) are ongoing. Sat.: 8 a.m.- 1 p.m.; Sun.: 8 a.m.- 12 p.m. More information
- Electronic kit assembly (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.) – meets Electronic Merit Badge partial requirements (bring $5-20 for the electronic kit options) and plan 1-2 hours of time.
- Optional special overnight program (6 p.m. to 7 a.m.) with radio communications to Asia & Europe, dinner & breakfast, and service hours for vendor equipment security watch! If you’re interested, email Dave Shaw.
- Browsing the latest technology of radio electronics in the Pacificon’s Vendor Exhibit Hall
- Limited number of Jamboree-on-the-Air 2022 patches will be available. Be sure to register at : pending (see above) by October 12 to ensure you get a patch.
- Although the merit badge activities will only be on October 19, Scouts can come again on October 20 for the kit building, etc. There is no charge for entrance fee if full uniform is worn.